top of page

2020 Balletto Russian River Valley Chardonnay

The Balletto Family has over 600 acres and farms 16 vineyards in the Russian River Valley mostly in the Sebastopol Hills and the Santa Rosa Plains. They select 10% from many different clones and soil types to make their wine and are fortunate to sell the remaining 90% of their grapes to other wineries. In July 2010, the Balletto Family was honored as the Farm Family of the Year by the Sonoma County Farm Bureau.

The 2020 Balletto Russian River Valley Chardonnay is a wine of simplicity and beauty displaying pale yellow that sparkles in the glass, with aromas showcasing its cool-climate pedigree and pure Russian River flavors with concentration and texture. This is a serious Chardonnay. It opens with aromas of Meyer lemon, citrus blossom and Bartlett Pear. Some salinity is present with crushed stone and a slight chalkiness which adds to the freshness of this wine. Medium to light in body and weight with moderate acidity that softens and complements the wonderful fruit flavors, giving balance leading to a fresh and delicious finish. The Balletto Russian River is one of those Chardonnays that continues to lure you in for more. I was very happy to take one sip after another!

By Perry Miroballi

bottom of page